Florence is a very romantic and charming city with lots of things to do. Myself I could easily go around for weeks or even months. However, most of us have a limited vacation or the budget to extend the trip. Therefore, I decided to share top things to do in Florence so you get the maximum of it. If you have just a day to visit it, you still will enjoy.
- Ufizzi Gallery – this is one of the most famous galleries in Italy so be prepared. Buy your online tickets in advance before you travel and make a list of top things you would like to see there. Opening hours 8:15-18:50, Monday – closed.
- Lunch – there are plenty of restaurants in Florence but for you to have the best experience, I selected amazing one in a walking distance, Il Santo Bevitore. It is a traditional Italian restaurant with a great vibe, cozy ambiance, and delicious food. Very important to make a reservation before you arrive. Opening hours 12:30-14:30 and 19:30-23:00
- Ice Cream – after a nice lunch what can be better than refreshing gelato. Well, there is one of the best ice cream stores right on a corner Gelateria La Carraia. This is my personal weakness, absolutely adore chocolate flavor.
- Shopping – walk on beautiful shopping streets and get some fashionable outfits for the upcoming season. Opening hours big boutiques – open all day till 19:30, smaller ones – close for lunch 12:30-15:30
- Santa Maria del Fiore – this cathedral is a must visit when you are in Florence. It is a masterpiece from outside as well as inside. The construction of this cathedral began in 1296, so it is a significant contribution to Italian architecture. Opening hours 10:00-17:00
- Aperatif – around 6 pm everyone starts to gather for aperitifs before dinner. So take an advantage of this tradition and enjoy a couple of cocktails like Aperol Shpritz or Negroni. In Italy, you will be always served some snacks like chips and nuts with your drink as a compliment. I definitely recommend a super vibrant place on the main square, Gilli Café.
- Dinner – to have a romantic and relaxing dinner with a fabulous view I would recommend trying Se Sto on Arno which is located on the rooftop of Westin Excelsior Hotel. The combination of high food and high location of the restaurant will take your breath away. Opening hours 12:30-14:30 and 19:30-22:30.
- After the dinner, just enjoy a beautiful walk around Florence during sunset.
So this is an example of a perfect day in Florence. In fact, this day plan was contracted in a way that everything is in a walking distance and located in the most popular among tourists, an old part of the town. Hope, it will be helpfull for those who are traveling for the first time to Florence. This list was made by personal experience, local interviews, and advice of my friends. Please feel free to add or share your experience of Florence.